23 November 2012

11.22.12 - Thank you for the cross

I woke up early with food and thanks on the mind. So much to give thanks for. My mind and heart went to the last supper. The account (Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, John 13…) 

"When it was time, He sat down, all the apostles with Him, and said, 'You’ve no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It’s the last one I’ll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God.'

Taking bread, He blessed it, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body, given for you. Eat it in my memory. He did the same with the cup after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new covenant written in my blood, blood poured out for you.'"

Thank You for the cross Lord
Thank You for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace - Hillsong

The ultimate sacrifice. The ultimate gift. From it, all praise and blessings flow. May you and yours embrace this as we celebrate today.

No comments: